Multiple sclerosis is the most common disease in young adulthood that leads to neurological disability. With a high female preponderance (approx. f:m 3:1) it often affects young persons in childbearing age. Although chronic and not curable, a large number of disease modifying immunotherapies are available. These aspects highlight the special considerations in the care of persons with MS (pwMS) when it comes
to family planning, conception, pregnancy, birth and lactation period. They also highlight the need for close interprofessional and interdisciplinary cooperation. During this meeting we would like to highlight different neurological, pharmacological and gynecological aspects. More importantly we aim at fostering the exchange between our different groups that all play an important role in the care for pwMS.
We are looking forward to meeting you in Bern for this meeting in a novel format.
Andrew Chan | Prof. Dr. med. Daniel Surbek | Prof. Dr. med. François Girardin
Date: Tuesday, October 24, 2023
Venue: Sitem-insel Bern, Freiburgstrasse 3, 3010 Bern, Felix Frey Auditorium E0.211 Hybrid Event (in Person & Virtual)
Language: The language of the course is English
- Neurologists; SNG/SSN: 3 Credit Points
- Gynecologists and Obstetricians; SGGG/SSGO: 3 Credit Points
- Midwives; SHV/FSSF: 2.5 Log-Points
- Prof. Dr. med. Andrew Chan, Head Medical Division Neuro, Inselspital Bern, Bern University
- Prof. Dr. med. François Girardin, MD, MSC, eMBA, Head Division of clinical Pharmacology, Lausanne University Hospital CHUV, Lausanne
- Dr. med. univ. Michael Graber, Assistant senior physician, Medical Division Neuro, Inselspital Bern, Bern University
- PD Dr. med. Marie Théaudin, Senior Attending Physician Service of Neurology, Department of Clinical Neuroscience, Lausanne University Hospital CHUV
- Prof. Dr. med. Daniel Surbek, Prof. Dr. med. Daniel Surbek, Acting Chairman, Depart- ment of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Head, Fetomaternal Medicine, Inselspital Bern
Registration Fee: The participation is free of charge
Registration: Please register online for your participation. A registration on site at the congress secretariat ist not possible.
Registration deadline: October 23, 2023